Smart smart SMART people at Apple :: who has gained so much insights into me :: the books I read :: 90% of my reading is from iBooks music collection in iTunes and even a few Christmas carols I sent as gifts instead of a hand written, store bought cards and/or things people really don’t know. Apple was amazing in putting this collection together, whom I don’t have many songs in my musical collection, to show me who I am missing …… and fall immediately in love with the suggestions.
Makes the lightbulb go off! :: I should assemble all this music on my YouTube Channel.
If you need help on downloading music for free: I stumbled upon this link via Google to YouTube ::: the brotherhood has formed.
….. I think Google is kicking Apple’s ass in data which holds consumer and business purchase patterns, where they spend money online, where they look tempted (comparison shopping), knows your travel habits based on you book online because banks and airlines give you rewards for your loyalty, who you talk to, connect with, professionally, friendly or romantically.
Which this blog came to mind, to apply what I’m learning about #socialmedia and the media. How can you leverage the massive audience of traditional media and channel it into SEO overdrive or socialmedia expedientially? Here are few of my favorite secret discoveries:
A few years ago (six years to be exact) I jumped into social media. What unfolded should have been predicted in all those HR quizzes and behavioral Q&A, psychological profile for an employer to hire based upon …….. like yeah, how many of the brilliant social media personalities can say they’ve been forced to look at oneself, with all the B.S. behind you, and often more in store.
An unsuspecting, honest intellect began to surface : : It was like a magnet :: most of the most creative, artistic, musical talent, author, writer, (p.s. journalists seem to jump on your radar, you connect, you gush, then you go on being per normal and by some accidental research find out they’ve unfollowed you ages ago.)
The bold, best communicators are emerging in this force field fueled by Facebook, Twitter, Google, Apple and HP who cast their net far and wide and help assemble an audience of epic proportions.
The fortunate cast in light are quite a few. Surprisingly little. Certainly there are brands (when I refer to brands, I mean personal brand and commercial brand). Personal brand is you, your behavior, your habits, your favorite musical, entertainment, books, news sources, technically savviness without being able to be accused of as a nerd.
Whenever I am on Twitter, usually at least once a day for minimum 10 minutes to go check in on all my profiles – MAX. I have figured out how to be intermittently dispersed about. Never too much like some of those “consultant” that seem to have a lot of time to post pictures pooled from top photographic sources, that have read blogs like my earlier ones, that visuals was going to drive social media. Misidentified as “visionary” … which is hardly the case because they have probably 3 hours a day dedicating to posting.
Who knows what they do for the remaining 21 hours. Now before I get to far ahead, it should be known that my of my supporters and collaborators follow me, my page, @optioneerJM on Twitter, Pinterest, Reddit, StumbleUpon. Those are the best generator of thoughts, likes, personality, who or what you are associated by (art, imagery, photography), that MASHABLE is my favorite source of information. I would say, Canada’s GLOBE&MAIL, would be close behind in 2nd. Then my source for info-magazines: Entrepreneur, Inc., Forbes.
Google or Facebook probably know that I am a fitful sleeper: insomniac of a creative thinker, who can fall asleep only to be jolted awake with this most fabulous idea. Trying to fall asleep is lost, rewinding the idea to its beginning :: how did it formulate, what was the seed that was planted? Then fast-forwarding to what your subconscious insists is your perfect Utopia.
We’ve seen a burst of energy and focus, but distracted by watching reality TV in the form of the United States’ unfolding reality docu-drama to hit the earth since probably, the first man walking on the moon.
There are some really talented people who can instinctively sense the next direction we’ll be forced to take. Just imagine the panel of intellect behind the scenes, the image makers (I just noticed when I got home later than anticipated from work, to watch CNN to get a recap of the night’s events. One of the authorities and experts somewhat startled me. Title: image maker. How inspired is that?
There are certainly some very well knowns. What-was-his-name who went up against Piers Morgan on CNN over gun control? You know who I mean. If not, you can probably find a constant reminder by Piers, who, in my opinion, was more worried about Twitter Followers than his guests on his honorary top spot upon the much-missed retired Larry King LIVE! Piers was likely fired because he was offending the advertisers too much. Having my first experiences in media via magazines in my 20s, I have a radar that acts like a cool-metal-detector.
Chuckle to myself. Apple is showing how I can listen to Mettalica and Iron Maiden, whom most would take a double take as a music of my choice. I’ve had this image since I was a wee child. I have no idea if it was based on the fact that my father was in the military and we had to move entire homes and lives, every few to five years.
Most corporations today have a: PRODUCE or PERRISH mentality. Grave mistake. Restricted foresight. Most likely, the ones that knew, the Baby Boomers are all retired and the INbetweeners absorbed all that learning, only to be passed over because some political junkie walzed in to ask for the dance just ahead of you.
You could almost call the Millennials the (PJs) political junkies. They were brought up to believe that anything was possible, only to be outraged that the life they were promised is wrought with debt, ethical violations to humanity, steep mountain to climb for sure.
These PJs have pretty much run over the INbetweeners which for this purpose, could be the 30-55 year old. Ironic to me. When I was selling an upscale magazine in Western Canada, that was the then IDEAL demographic. I forgot about this. Huh. Neato.
Getting back into the theme of collected intelligence. You know how they made it into something groovy sounding? I have no idea, but I’m going to find out: who coined the phrase for the collection of data into the “CLOUD”?
The more time I spend online, the better I get to know myself. I would have answered if someone asked me if I liked The Tragically Hip? I wouldn’t have had to stretch for an answer :: it would be an immediate, resounding “NO!”
I came online because my husband was gaming :: yeah, I know, the Hunkster Hubster is over 50 years old and still actively talks to my 27-year-old son and same age fiancé to his daughter, all about X-BOX, trending games, especially “Call of Duty”.
So, I thought to myself :: you’ve got another 3 days off! You’ve only used one day, what will you do differently? Take care of me bubbled to the surface. Go back to Apple and listen to the selection they’ve assembled for me. Dusting off the headphones, disconnecting from the Marshall blue tooth speakers, I listened to music that I realized our INbetweeners learned best to listen to. We didn’t have the fortunate ME generation that was so explosive and implosive loud and protesting habits. Nor did we quite predict the “what about ME generation? The last 30-35 years had produced.
The irony is that we created the term “YUPPY” that our kids have replaced with “Sweet” :: “Nice” :: and wear badges for standing up for one cause or another. Which is startling to a parent who faded into the background, not because they themselves were shy, but to escape the noice those Baby Boomers were making.
The next big competition going on that only the PLAYERS know about is about gathering intelligence about us, to sell to the highest bidder or BETA test with a select audience.
MY GOSH, I haven’t even gone back to read this and even as a mental outsider, a quick flash back, this sounds very much like a rebellious blog. There are a lot of MEs around: take US President Obama, return to the 80s in fashion.
It is ironic also that many that we gave birth to in the mid-80s to mid-90s fell in love with the 80s. My girls, their cousins, couldn’t get enough of “Grease” starring Olivia Newton John and John Travolta. Quite amazing, registering mentally at the time. There are a few like me out there, besides just two.
The rebellious, vocal, demonstrative, period skipped over like us like a skipping stone, only to land firmly on our children :: the “what about ME” generation, attitude, culture.
So, my dear friends. I hope that the very few online that are not looking for romance, can never get enough information into their brains, visual promotion abounds :: insult by having porn waved in their face with a huge aversion and need to avoid :: that believed there are happy endings, not by a GOD (whatever the religion or beliefs), but by sure determination, hard work and maintaining their morals.
Pretty hard to do? I’d say YES for about 90% of the population. The 10% is at the top, destroying the 80/20 rule to the massive proportion of the new 90/10 rule. Like a diver into the ocean, who scrambles to the surface, with more need than just to breathe.
I can’t definitively say that these 10% fall solely in the INbetweeners age group. More like a common attitude and language. A beacon sends out a light to this community who truly want to constantly improve, bring value to those surrounding them, and disperse it to a much larger scale than would have been possible even five years ago.
I went from working for the top technology companies in the world, if always, with Apple in its dust :: to the telecommunications industry, recognizing the pop pop POP of smartphones everywhere.
ANOTHER DETOUR: This just rose to the top in my most avid dislikes:
1) Smart phone earbuds :: I waste my breath talking to you!! I dislike having to first check for full attention and no wires hanging out of ears. It brings back a valuable lesson :: Don’t hire friends or family to work for you :: I had to fire someone who looked up to me as an older sister, when I first arrived in Calgary (fill in the blank ___ number of years ago). I was creating my own team, and when you hire someone who thinks because they think they know you better than you know yourself and tests your limit, it can end up where you have to fire them. A sense of entitlement yet faced with by me. I remember having to tell her she had to take her iPOD earbuds out because she works in a manufacturing facility, however small, and safety won’t allow drowning out warning noise of any catastrophic event. (Remember, I’m one of the few who was born in that very tense period of 1960-63, where fear prevailed, shelters, practice emergency alerts, alarms, were background noise to them drowned out even to their cries of birth.
2) Chewing gum :: Just ask my daughters and stepdaughter. If anyone noticed, I never accept gum. I’m anti-GUM!! I missed my calling to start an anti-GUM-revolution.
3) Poor manners :: I came from the final generation where manners, gloves, napkins, hats were born from: the very first year of the baby boomers 1944. A period of exuberance after a horrific war that had so many victims besides soldiers, in the history of mankind. There really is a formula. What I can’t figure out where the precise recipe went awry. My kids were taught all the same manners, often a source of pride on being hosted on soccer tournaments. They were often made examples of by parents of their friends who wished that they had not forgotten the lost importance of etiquette and manners. My kids and sometimes even my stepdaughter, forget that important parenting ingredient called respect.
4) Being disrespected :: I emerged in the corporate world, one of only a few at the top at the time :: and I had to work harder to prove to my mostly male colleagues, that I had earned the right to be there at the same time, and equally as them. I was of an era, and attitude that only in sales are you able to be paid for what you produce, regardless of gender. Unfortunately, we swept over a great number of candidates of female pioneers. Not the speckle few like Emelia Arhardt, but the victorious who floated up, peacefully, naturally :: to take prominence in a much more male-gender-geared occupation: sales.
5) Chewing with your mouth open :: GROSS! Enough if you agree that this falls under both manners and being respectful. When a guy really likes a girl, he can transform from belching and scratching places, to perfect gentlemen, who cut their meat with such elegance and precision. Sadly, if you marry them, they can alter at an alarming rate, making you wonder what you first saw in them to begin with :: chewing with mouth open? Why, I never ….. yes, I got over it and can still see the greatness I saw in the Hunkster Hubster, even if he doesn’t always recognize it. Don’t confuse this writing as feminist rant. It isn’t, someone has to talk with maturity and advice to this brilliant group of girls coming up in the world. They need to mentor the very very VERY few who even want to pay attention to anyone older, they already have the answers :: you got it :: the what about ME generation.
Whoever is going to rise to the top of the TOP, is going to be because they dominate information. They have the data readily available to create commerce from. Fueled by social media, online profiles, of very well-adjusted, successful people.
Everyone is going to be one of them, or be like one of them. Are you going to be a leader or follower? I guess I found my own answer by writing this didn’t I?
I’m seeing some very interesting factors on my own knowledge base gathered from jumping in and participating in social media. A natural, outgoing, positive, gregarious gal I have often been described as. Heck, even APPLE gets me! I’m the dutiful one who hit 50 and realized that I held on, restrained myself, self-disciplined self, and wanted to break free :: a rebel not by actions, but gathering knowledge that lifts us up, inspires us, and in turn, trickles to the audience (backspaced over “down”).
Pure motivation and wisdom is shared. To keep it reserved, try to forget about it, or not share it is a grave injustice. Let the hard times be far behind, with optimism scaling a very ominous wall of terror, fear, security loss :: evaporate. POOF! :: gone.